Mars (Instagram/website) was a Montessori educator and owned her own school and now homeschools her daughter Cara. I asked Mars if I could interview her daughter Cara about their Montessori homeschooling and we spoke for over an hour! I’m sure you’ll enjoy this conversation as much as I did.
At the end Mars also talks about how she supports Cara’s learning and what “successful” homeschooling looks like to them.
Links from the episode
- How To Save A Planet – podcast about climate change
- Gardener of the Sea: A Story About Nida Calumpong
- Charlotte Mason
- For Nature Stories for Young Readers, we have the Animal Life. Nature Stories for Young Readers: Animal Life by Florence Bass
- Shell, Beak, Tusk
- How to clean a hippopotamus book
- Sleeping queens
- Rainbow Knights
- Jurassic Snack
- The Magic Labyrinth
- Secret Seven // Famous Five
- blog post about Montessori training
- preorder The Montessori Baby
- a photo from Cara’s book, The Sad Eagle…
My question for you is do you have any recommendations regarding resources or training for educators who do not intend on working in a Montessori school but would still like to approach teaching in a Montessori way? I work as a teacher in a public elementary school in Canada and would love to have a better understanding of the Montessori approach to early numeracy and literacy learning. I am specifically looking for resources for students in the 3-6 range. Thanks!
You can download a transcript of the podcast here