I’ll admit it. I can be superficial. Nothing like a gorgeous #Montessorishelfie for a Monday morning. These Montessori activities for 21 to 24 months.
1. Peg puzzle – they have been busy removing the pieces for months; now sometimes a piece will land back in its place. This puzzle was handed down to me years ago. The brand is Educo.
2. Posting sticks in cheese shaker – some of the best Montessori activities are not even toys.
3. Flower arranging – so flower arranging is a little tricky but they already love practising some of the first steps to fetch water in the small jug, pouring water, or putting a flower in and out of the vase.
4. Language basket with cards (tools from Toobs) – they are learning the names of the tools and are starting to associate the 2D image to a 3D object.
5. Threading wooden pieces on a thread – the stick on the end is great for this age. I’ve had this one for a couple of years already from Manine Montessori.
6. Chocolate mud homemade playdough – they love to make it too! Recipe in my book, The Montessori Toddler, or scroll back in my feed to the green playdough for the regular recipe. It’s similar but use 1/2 cup of cocoa. Smells amazing.
Please use these ages as a guideline only. Your child may be doing one or two steps or already have mastered these. Keep following your child, their timeline, and their interests.
Wanting more activities?